<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Monday 11 August 2003. When I woke up, my hands were much more relaxed than they used to be. I knew that over the weekend, I'd learned a more effective method of relaxing my muscles. But I hadn't known that the learning had gone deeper than my conscious mind.

What did I learn? Sorry, but I can't (yet) put it into words.
How did I learn it? By experimenting with small changes in the methods I already knew.

Charlie Stross's journal http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blosxom.cgi has:

Piece on the MIT Media lab. "In one corner, a bunch of students are trying to reinvent the wheel -- specifically, the car steering wheel, which they're trying to add intelligence to."

"Eigenradio makes its optimal music by analyzing in real time dozens of radio stations at once. When our bank of computers has heard enough music, it will go to work on making more just like it. Since we listen to so much music all the time, Eigenradio is always on and always live. What you hear on Eigenradio is the best of the New Music, distilled and decorrelated. One song on Eigenradio is worth at least twenty songs on old radio."

"And when you've had enough of Eigenradio there's always Spam Radio"

[View/Post Comments]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?