<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Tuesday October 14, 2003. Waking-up idea: Internet cafes specializing in futurology, as some now do in gaming.

I'm not sure yet what they would provide. Graphic software and mathematical software, perhaps. An index of relevant sites: Ones where you can bet on or invest in the future (either with real money or play money), ones with useful information.

Exercise: I got off a bus ten blocks too soon, and walked those ten blocks. I believe Minneapolis blocks are ten to the mile; which means I walked a mile more than I otherwise would have.

I've started being more conscientious about doing small exercises.

Writing: Today, I took the zeroth/first draft of "The Caterpillar on the Lear" as far as it's going. From here, I'll rewrite from printouts of that draft and of notes.

And then I find out how much unexplained background I can get away with.

____________________________________________________
From Daniel Davies, http://www.crookedtimber.org
Monte and Blackjack
Posted by Daniel

Here’s my contribution to the “M-Type versus C-Type” debate. Basically, just as it’s a useful analytical distinction to make that all UK Prime Ministers are either bookies or vicars, it’s always worth remembering that all economic policy debates of interest can be usefully analogised either to blackjack or to three-card monte.

Continue reading "Monte and Blackjack" ...

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?