<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Monday, December 01, 2003

Monday December 1, 2003. Friday, I took a fasting glucose test at HealthPartners Uptown. Today I got a phone message: I should make an appointment to discuss my labs. (I presume "labs" means the test results, rather than any laboratories or Labrador Retrievers I might own.) I already had an appointment for later this month; apparently there was something which couldn't wait til the 22nd.

I got an appointment for Wednesday morning.

I think this means I have diabetes. Probably controllable with diet and exercise. It would mean living a rather more organized life; something I probably should be doing anyway.

I've been sent a letter; if it arrives tomorrow, I'll find out then.

***Writing: I got two scenes ahead on "The Caterpillar on the Leaf". They resemble scenes I had planned. They contain information that was to be in the scenes I had planned. They also contain information which I hadn't planned to have in the story.

______________________________________________________
From EurekAlert http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php
Public Release: 1-Dec-2003
New evidence for Solar-like planetary system around nearby star
Astronomers at the Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Councils UK Astronomy Technology Centre (ATC) at the Royal Observatory, Edinburgh have produced compelling new evidence that Vega, one of the brightest stars in the sky, has a planetary system around it which is more like our own Solar System than any other so far discovered.

Actually, they've inferred the existence of a Neptune-like planet, far enough from Vega that there's room for Earth-type planets closer to the star.

___________________________________
From the UK edition of Google News:
Drug firms pay doctors to sign 'independent' clinical studies
Canada.com - 3 hours ago
OTTAWA - A British psychiatrist was doing research on possible dangers of antidepressant drugs when a representative of a drug manufacturer came to him with an offer of help.
Cigar, pipe smoking boost cancer, heart risks Daily Times
News about health and medicine Seattle Times
and 4 related

_________________________________________________
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1001291.htm
Going under the Internet name the "Stainless Steel Mouse" 23-year-old Beijing university student Liu Di posted articles on the Internet satirising the Government and the Communist Party's commitment to free speech.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?