<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Sunday, December 07, 2003

Saturday December 6, 2003. Once a year, the Rivendell Society (fantasy discussion group) has "Readings From Rivendell" at which people read from their writings.

For a while, it looked like I wouldn't be able to attend. I got there late.

Readers included:

Peg Kerr, scenes from her novel in progress. Well-written, interesting, good characters. And it interests me more than her previous novels have.

It will take some time for her to complete it. Peg has two children and a job. I admire her for being able to find time to write as much as she does.

Joan Verba, a revised chapter from a novel she's been working on for a while.

Ruth Berman, poems.

I read the first scene (or half the first scene, depending how you count it) of "The Caterpillar on the Leaf". I did a poor job of reading. I should probably start attending Toastmasters again.

While I was reading, I skipped a couple of bits; one I've now taken out. This may indicate that I should regularly and routinely read my writing aloud.

Lessons for next year: 1) Practice reading my piece aloud beforehand.

2) Bring relatively pre-diabetic-safe baked goods. (Sooner or later, I suspect, I'll have to learn to bake.)
I did bring aspartame for tea, just in case Dave Lenander hadn't provided enough.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks to Mildly Malevolent http://dwar.blogspot.com/2003_11_30_dwar_archive.html#107065611227099539

Hitler's secret book
Jeremy Noakes
04 December 2003

Gerhard L. Weinberg, editor
HITLER'S SECOND BOOK
The unpublished sequel to Mein Kampf
Translated by Krista Smith
300pp. Enigma. $30.
1 9296 3116 2
_______________________________________________________
This is almost out of the standard William Gibson novel:
http://nytimes.com/2003/12/07/nyregion/07HOME.html
MIDTOWN JOURNAL
Homeless Repairman Mixes High Tech With Low Overhead
By ALAN FEUER
Perry Vona, who is homeless, works on 43rd Street — literally — repairing laptops, hard drives and whatever other digital detritus he can scavenge from the trash.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?