<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Tuesday January 27, 2004. Avoiding salt has meant avoiding everything in the Wedge's deli. Today, I talked on the phone with the Wedge's deli manager. Turns out that in other places he's worked, salt-free roast chicken has sold well. And he'd already been thinking about offering it. So it may be out there by the end of this week. (Not every day; they rotate deli foods.)

Other foods may follow.

***My Internet provider treated customers to a free showing of 2001. My first reaction: everyone's clothing was solidly 1960s. My second: the computer displays were crude.

It was the first time I'd seen the movie properly. (First time, I was in the wrong state of consciousness. Second time, the print was very bad.) It felt good to get that done. And I did enjoy seeing it.

There was a drawing for two Sun Airlines tickets. I didn't win that, but I did win a Visi.com tshirt. And everyone got a baseball cap, with the Visi.com logo on the front and
"We suck less" on the back.
________________________________
From EurekAlert http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php
Public Release: 27-Jan-2004
Sandia, UNM researchers mimic photosynthetic proteins to manipulate platinum at the nanoscale
Researchers from the Department of Energy's Sandia National Laboratories and the University of New Mexico have developed a new way of mimicking photosynthetic proteins to manipulate platinum at the nanoscale.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?