<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Saturday February 21, 2004 (continued) Mnstf meeting at Dean Gahlon and Laura Krentz's.

This was the second (and last) nominations meeting. The list of nominees ended up being almost half as long as the list of eligible voters. (The nominations meetings are sometimes the only ones of the year at which the Mnstf business meeting has actual business.)

Announcements included: The Board is soliciting Minicon bids for next year.

There will be a convention (in November?) focusing on Neil Gaiman's Sandman series.

Food report: Very good beef stew/soup.

A discussion of Photoshop turned to the possibilities of changing photos to make them non-Earthly. When I moved the discussion that way, what I had in mind was Earthtype planets with different sunlight, different gravity, etc.

When I got home (thanks for Dave Wilford for the ride), I downloaded a freeware graphics program. I downloaded another the next day. I don't know if I'll do anything with them; I need practice before I begin experimenting.

What I had in mind: Buildings on worlds with gravity relatively close to Earth's, constructed differently to take account of gravity five percent or more higher or lower than Earth's. Non-Earthly animals which have evolved under different gravity.

Somewhere beyond would be videos of, for example, waterfalls reshaped (how much difference in gravity would be needed for the flowing water to look different?) and speed-changed. I don't think I'm likely to reach that level.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?