<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Monday, February 16, 2004

Sunday February 15, 2004 Phishy email claiming to be from eBay, offering the opportunity to correct $15.00 deducted from my account. Since I'm not quite an eBay user, this was a no-brainer.

I cooked brown rice. It does taste better than white rice, and it's supposed to be better for me. It's a bit more expensive. (Except at the Wedge co-op; they have non-organic brown rice, and now seem to have only organic white rice.) Main drawback is the much longer cooking time.

And then I went back to sleep for a few hours. Not a very productive day.

I did get some suggestions for naming an Elfland sorority, responding to my post on rec.arts.sf.composition. One looks promising -- use of ogham letters instead of Greek letters. (Germanic runes were also suggested, but for some reason they don't appeal to me.)

There are college sororities and fraternities with non-Greek names. For example, the University of Minnesota's St. Paul campus (the ag school campus) has the Farmhouse fraternity and the Clovia sorority. (However, the Clovia chapter is "Beta of Clovia".)

I did get a bit ahead on the "Elfland letter" story.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?