<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Saturday 27 March 2004 Round the corner to Southwest Senior Center, where I picked up Fare for All food and ordered for next month.

I gave back a couple of things I wasn't going to use, and someone else might want: designer lettuce and breaded fishburgers.

Cookery: Ground beef, apples, and onion, with Penzeys' Singapore Seasoning (tellicherry, black pepper, lemon peel, critic acid, garlic, onion, turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, fenugreek, nutmeg, fennel, cinnamon, white pepper, cardamom, cloves, cayenne pepper).

***Writing: I'd decided to try a free program called AZZ Cardfile. I've tried other programs recommended as simple ways to organize stuff; hadn't liked them, and I didn't expect this one to work out either.

But it does work for me. Turns out to be really good for keeping story notes -- for me. I'm not doing anything in it I couldn't do as easily in any of several other programs -- or in a text file. But for whatever reason, it works better for me than the alternatives.
____________
From soc.genealogy.jewish, an index to places around the world; maps showing locations included for at least some: http://www.calle.com/world
_______
Also on soc.genealogy.jewish: Someone had asked what a tradition about eating turkey had to do with genealogy. Explanatory answer from someone who'd been able to find where her ancestors were from only because of the food traditional in their family.

Occurs to me that this would quite likely be useful in tracing other genealogies, in any ethnic group which isn't completely homogeneous.
_________
Comment I made in soc.politics: Think of Marxism as being like Protestantism -- many separate groups, each claiming to represent the true vision of Karl Marx, who died on the Cross -- oops, let's not take the analogy too far. Social Democrats, who may or may not be Marxists in their own estimations, are roughly equivalent to Unitarians.

In any case -- _nobody_ hates the Communists more than Marxists of other denominations.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?