<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Friday April 30, 2004. I was able to wear a belt which had been too short for me.

I was supposed to have a blood test in April, and this was the last day of April. After fasting since the night before, I went to HealthPartners Uptown. I also picked up allergy meds.

There's a map showing where clinic members are from. (Get a pin and stick it in; not every member has done so.)

No Canadians on the map; I would have expected a few. One or two from Papua New Guinea. None from Australia.

To the Wedge (my organically correct coop grocery). I noticed citric acid (aka sour salt) among the herbs and spices; I had probably looked past it a number of times. It's a substitute for salt in several of Penzeys saltfree spice mixtures. I bought it. [Later: It works fine -- in very small amounts. But it does need pepper and/or something else with it.]

Across Lyndale Avenue to Steeple People thrift shop. Among the free magazines: two issues of a gourmet-food marketing publication.
___________________________
From EurekAlert http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php
Public Release: 30-Apr-2004
Can you hear me now? 'Belly talk' popular in US
Some parents-to-be talk to their unborn child, read stories out loud and play classical music to bond and give the baby a head start on life. This uniquely American pregnancy practice, "belly talk," is the subject of study by a University of Michigan anthropologist.

By JIM SUHR
Associated Press Writer

April 30, 2004, 9:15 PM EDT

ST. LOUIS -- A judge Friday ousted a school board member who doused an administrator with ice water, apparently placed a curse on the mayor and pledged violence against anyone questioning her mental fitness.

St. Louis Circuit Judge David Dowd's immediate removal of Rochell Moore ends a tenure also marked by alleged death threats to others and frequent claims of conspiracies against her.
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-board-member-dousing,0,3699284.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?