<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

"How Could They Be So Ungrateful?"

"I've worked so hard for this club -- and I wasn't elected to the board! How could the members have been so ungrateful?"

I've heard this in two sf clubs, in two metropolitan areas. It probably happens in other subcultures and other places.

My answer: People are elected to a board of directors to make decisions. They are not elected to do things. And I vote for the candidates who I think are most likely to make good decisions.

Here's some of what I look for:

Respect for members of the club. Including the ones they don't like, whose views they don't respect, who don't do whatever.

Works at being fair.

Candidates who I don't think meet these standards don't get my vote. No matter what other good qualities they might have.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?