<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Wednesday May 12, 2004. Yesterday, I replaced the chair I used for typing with a three-legged stool/chair hybrid. It's turning out to be much better for my back and shoulders.

***I'd intended to walk to Pillsbury House. But it was raining, so I took the bus.

Data entry for the Community Barter Network and Pillsbury House's volunteer program was a bit more ... interesting than I'd expected. Someone had reset the program so that one thing I'd been doing was simpler -- once I figured it out.

****Writing: "Well Met, Well Met, My Old True Love" I'd wondered where one major character had been sleeping for about a week. Today, I figured out that she hadn't been; she'd been depending on a stay-awake drug. Which explained some odd things about her behavior.

I've got to figure out how to know such things before I begin writing, rather than when I think I'm about done.

Killing Futures Tweaked a few words of the still-sketchy outline.
____________________
How I almost wrecked a $3.5 million car
General Motors' Hy-wire concept car used hydrogen fuel and has video-game-like controls. By Eric C. Evarts
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0513/p01s03-stct.html

Boom splits India's middle class
All the conditions are present to turn the country into an economic juggernaut. By Scott Baldauf
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0513/p01s04-wosc.html

By 2020, moon cukes and other crops?
Greenhouses in space hold promise for making astronauts more self-sufficient and cutting costs for long missions. By Lori Valigra
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0513/p14s01-stss.html
________________
From Google News:
Street fight in Dallas suburb organized on Internet
Houston Chronicle - 50 minutes ago
GARLAND - More than two dozen students are under arrest after a street fight involving rival high school gangs that police say helped organized [sic]the melee on the Internet.
Texas Police Arrest Students in Fight Guardian
Garland High School Students Among Arrests KXAN-TV
Fort Worth Star Telegram (subscription) - Dallas Morning News (subscription) - WFAA (subscription) - San Diego Union Tribune - and 25 related
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?