<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Wednesday May 19, 2004. "Serial murder is boring" -- this discussion on rec.arts.mystery is about reading fiction, rather than the actual hobby.

Today I commented that I would find committing serial murder boring. Which happens to be true, so far as I know.

***To Pillsbury House, where I did data entry for the Community Barter Network and Pillsbury House's volunteer program.
__________
"The Black Dog" is what Samuel Johnson and Winston S. Churchill called their depressions. I'm in a state which might be called "The Black Puppy," and am likely to be for a while.

I need to get a job, about six months ago. I don't like working regularly; I don't like temping with short assignments; and I strongly dislike job-hunting.
_______
Writing: "They Do Things Differently There" -- Title taken from "The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there;" the opening of L. P. Hartley's The Go-Between. (The first line has been extensively used as a title; I've only found one use of the second line.)

In the very first stage of planning. The scenes my mind has come up with won't get set down until I'm sure they belong.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Old True Love" -- Something about a major character is off, and I have to figure what it is.

Killing Futures -- Nothing done today.

Today's exercise -- done.
_______________________
From EurekAlert http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php:
Public Release: 19-May-2004
Historian identifies time when politicians were heroic and popular
New research from the University of Warwick reveals the celebrities and heroes of 17th century England were politicians. The study into ballads of the 1600s reveals that the Duke of Monmouth, James Scot, the illegitimate son of Charles II, was hailed as a hero in ballads, the equivalent of today's pop music, and despite his flaws, as the people's Royal he could do no wrong - very much like England's most recent darling, David Beckham.
_______
From the American Name Society mailing list:
10 Worst Celebrity Baby Names
In honour of Apple Blyth Alison Martin.
http://entertainment.msn.com/celebs/article.aspx?news=158596

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?