<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Years ago, I encountered Spam made from beef rather than pork. The cans were labeled in Arabic on one side, which suggests this variety of Spam was intended for markets where pork
doesn't sell well.

I never figured out why it was in an Italian supermarket. I'm fairly sure Florence had no substantial Muslim population at that time.

Today, I found unicorn Spam in a small Minneapolis grocery. Carterhaw Foods is in the Wedge neighborhood; on 23rd, between Lyndale and Aldrich. (City maps don't show 23rd Street as existing there, and I can only find it after drinking two cups of catnip tea. I don't know if that would work for anyone else.)

The unicorns shown on the display poster are shorthorns, rather than the longhorns of European legend.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?