<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Friday June 4, 2004. I ran into Nate Bucklin on the bus.

I got off at Bryant and 31st -- and my right sandal fell apart. I'd been heading for a garage sale a couple of blocks away; I decided to continue on. If I didn't find footwear the right size, I would return home and put on shoes.

And then I cut my toe. And found out the wrong way that the aspirin I've been taking as a blood thinner works.

Luckily, the sale was at a nursing home. I got patched up. Found a pair of shoes which were almost large enough. And I got some things I needed, at low prices.

And that knife I got for a dime is indeed sharp.

I went home, put on shoes that fit, and went to the HealthPartners Uptown pharmacy. There was a glitch; I would/will have to return next week for what I needed. I bought some non-prescription supplies.

On to the Walgreens between 24th and 25th on Hennepin, where I bought sandals.

Back to Uptown. Groceries at Rainbow Foods, a few things at DreamHaven Books.

***Writing: daily exercise -- A short political rant:

If you're sure you have the solution, you're part of the problem.

I don't think any theory available today is adequate to diagnose social problems and decide what remedies would solve those problems. I don't care how sound you think your mathematics, theology, dialectic, or futurology is; the evidence so far is that it doesn't work worth a tinker's dam.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- Wrote in something which I was certain was already there.
______________________________________________
From EurekAlert http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php:
Public Release: 4-Jun-2004
Psychology and Aging
'Imagination' helps older people remember to comply with medical advice
A healthy dose of 'imagination' helps older people remember to take medications and follow other medical advice, according to a new study supported by the National Institute on Aging (NIA), a part of the National Institutes of Health. The findings appear in the June 2004 issue of Psychology and Aging.
NIH/National Institute on Aging

Public Release: 4-Jun-2004
Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention
Study links diabetes and colorectal cancer
Diabetics are three times more likely to develop colorectal cancer than people with normal blood sugar levels, according to a team of scientists at the University of Cambridge, U.K., reporting in this month's edition of the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?