<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Saturday June 12, 2004. I woke up much earlier than usual, after going to sleep much earlier than usual.

To Pilgrim Lutheran Church, for their bag sale. For $1, I got a fair amount of stuff I needed. (Plus, of course, some things I didn't really need.)

On to Pillsbury House for the Clutterers Anonymous meeting. The new meeting space works well, and there's now a solid core of regular attendees.

***One acquisition from the bag sale was a decades-old collection of selections from Pulitzer Prize winners. I was surprised at how boring I found the fiction selections. This may have been partly due to editorial bias; several of the writers have also produced fiction which I enjoyed. The nonfiction selections ranged from mildly interesting to "Now I remember why I never finished reading that book."

But the poetry interested me.

I hope some literary historian has tracked changes in what's considered Pulitzer-worthy. Because if not, I'll probably end up doing that.

______________
Writing: Daily exercise -- Done. A bit of political commentary.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- Improved some wording in the first-draft part. Didn't tackle what's still in zero draft.

"They Might be Windmills" -- Added a bit more information.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?