<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Saturday June 19, 2004. "Don't Miss the RUMBLE, TUMBLE World of Amateur HAMSTER RACING."
From an ad announcing the grand opening of the Lakeville branch of Chuck & Don's Pet Food Outlet. This led me to wonder how different amateur and professional hamster racing are.

To Rainbow Foods. They had turkey giblets -- livers and gizzards. I really like turkey liver, and it's hard to find. The gizzards I don't care for, but they could go into soup.

To DreamHaven Books. I bought Jo Walton's Tooth and Claw, a Trollope-oid novel made more realistic by populating it with dragons rather than humans. Her previous novels were in the "Very good, but I don't like it" category.
________________
Mail: Clutterers Anonymous meeting directories.

A letter from my Congressman, Martin Olav Sabo. Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to H.J. Res. 56, legislation that proposes a constitutional amendment intended to prohibit same-sex marriages. I oppose this amendment.
....
"You may also be interested to know that I am a cosponsor of H.R. 2677, the State Regulation of Marriage is Appropriate Act. H.R. 2677 would repeal the federal statutory definition of 'marriage' and spouse.'"

In Minnesota's Fifth District, this isn't likely to lose Sabo his seat. A conservative Republican would get more votes than, say, an English-only candidate in Quebec City; but perhaps fewer than an English-only candidate in Montreal.

Writing: Daily exercise -- Done, posted to this journal.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- One blank part of the zero draft portion filled in. One conversation in the first draft portion tweaked.

"They Might Be Windmills" --

"History Line" --
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?