<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Saturday June 5, 2004. I found a useful freeware program: SuperEdit, a programmer's editor which I'm using as a text editor.

It's easier for me to write (formally or informally) with a text editor than with a word processor. And revising is easier if I switch text editors.

First choice: Metapad. SuperEdit is now my second choice.

***Rummage sale at St. Mary's Greek Orthodox Church, part of the ECCO neighborhood sale.
I got there a couple hours before the sale ended, and everything over a quarter was half-price. I got a bag full of good stuff for a bit under three dollars. (I could have gotten more -- for example, a wok priced at fifty cents.)

Definitely a good sale. And this was near the end of the second day.

What I saw in the rest of the neighborhood was disappointing.

Note: Slightly under half the St. Mary's volunteers looked Greek (or at least Mediterranean) to me.

***Mnstf at Scott and Irene Raun's. I enjoyed it. So did a newcomer who sounded as if she'll be coming to more meetings.
_______
Writing: Daily exercise -- a political rant.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- I didn't expect to get anything done, but I did a small bit.
______________________________
Most Minnesota gun deaths are suicides, study finds

Three out of four firearms deaths in Minnesota from 1998 through 2001 were caused by self-inflicted gunshot wounds, according to a report released this week by the Minnesota Department of Health.
http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4813025.htm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?