<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Sunday June 6, 2004. Some recent reading: Mormon America, Richard N. Ostling and Joan K. Ostling.

A History of the Amish, Steven M. Nolt.
________
"It has defiled all forms of medical treatment...." From the "I'm dying, help me give my money to charity" variant of the Nigerian Letter.
_______________________________
Writing: Daily exercise -- Something I'm not sure I should count because 1) it's been stewing in my head for a few days and 2) it's definitely becoming a story.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- Tweaked it a bit.

"They Might Be Windmills" -- It's been accreting around the line "His father had been my mother, and his mother had been my father."

I now have the beginning, the problem two major characters must deal with, and the ending. I'm still missing the major characters the plot, and a few other minor details.
________________
Thanks to The Horny Goat on soc.history.what-if:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/print/CTVNews/1077832280101_73241480/?hub=CTVNewsAt11&subhub=PrintStory&articleURL=
Native group blasts Stephen Harper over gaffe
CTV.ca News Staff
Updated: Fri. Feb. 27 2004 8:46 AM ET

Conservative leadership hopeful Stephen Harper was forced to apologize after a congratulatory letter bearing his signature was sent to an Ontario native organization. Unfortunately for Harper, his letter referred not to a native celebration, but to one in the Indian subcontinent.

"On the occasion of India's national day, I salute the Indian community for long-standing contributions to the economic and cultural vitality of our wonderful country," reads the letter, leaked to the media.

The mix-up prompted a sharp response from the president of the Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres, Rick Lobzun.

"This is 2004, Mr. Harper, not 1492 - the last time a man got lost looking for India," he wrote in a letter dated Wednesday.

"Look what has happened to the aboriginal population ... since then."
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?