<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Thursday June 17, 2004. I think I've slept my way out of whatever I'd been sick with.
________________________
From soc.history.what-if, a newsgroup devoted to alternate history:

"My history teacher assigned me to write a term paper about an obscure revolutionary named Karl Marx. Can anybody give me some references about him?"

My favorite answer so far: first Secretary of the Treasury of the Confederate States of America.
________________________________
Writing: Daily exercise -- Done. See below:

The simplest books on any subject are written for people who have to learn in a hurry. "I know we hired you to teach English, but you're also going to teach math this year." "Welcome to the United States Navy! The people we're fighting are called Japanese. All that water is called the Pacific Ocean -- this book will explain what an ocean is. The thing you're on is a type of ship called an aircraft carrier."

If you've never cooked for yourself before, get a cookbook intended for college students.
They're simpler and more basic than the ones for children, though the pictures aren't as good.

***"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- I think I've gotten started on the part which was giving me the most trouble.

***"They Might Be Windmills" --

***"History Line" -- A bit more added to the zero draft.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?