<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Wednesday June 23, 2004. Today began as Silly Folksong Day. Beginning with "And the name they called that ship was the Golden Monotreme." Continuing with:

Fair Eleanor she has lands and gold,
The cyclops girl has none.
Fair Eleanor she has three blue eyes,
The Cyclops has but one.

***To Pillsbury House, where I did data entry for the Community Barter Network and Pillsbury House's volunteer program.

***Seen: Galactic Pizza, 2917 Lyndale Avenue South. It doesn't seen to be open yet.

***I'd been in the habit of reading the New York Times on the web for national and international news. Today, I decided to switch to the Washington Post.

I don't consider the Times nearly as good a news source as I used to. (Even without the recent well-publicized problems.)

Will I read it for New York City news? Probably not; Newsday is better for that. Which is sad; Newsday is primarily a suburban paper, and I believe it no longer has a NYC edition.

I grew up reading the Times, up in Ulster County NY. When I lived in NYC, it was the paper I read regularly. (I sometimes also read the Post, which was then farthest left of NYC's papers; I gather it's now the farthest right.) I feel that I'm leaving part of my life behind.
______________
Writing: Daily exercise -- Done. A sketch of what I expect if John Kerry wins the US Presidential election.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- A conversation added which tells a bit more about the setting and (I hope) makes certain things about the two main characters more explicit.

"They Might Be Windmills" --

"History Line" --
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?