<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Saturday July 17, 2004. I headed for the Wedge Co-op.

There were two small yard sales a couple of blocks away from the Wedge; I spent almost two dollars.

[Later: Thought about what a yard sale in Elfland or some other magical place might yield.

For a while now, there's been this line of dialog in the back of my mind: "I bought my soul at a yard sale. I suggest that you do the same." That yard sale would have to be in a grimmer place than Elfland.]

I didn't spend anything at Steeple People thrift shop, but found a couple of things in their freebie section.

[A thrift store in Elfland might have interesting appliances, furniture, and books.]

Went to the Wedge. Bought food and stamps.

[Presumably, the Elfland equivalent would have equivalents of newage books and magazines among their stock. And the meaning of "natural food" might be a bit different.]

Came home and slept for a few hours.

I think I'm almost over whatever I'd been sick with.
__________
My vision of Elfland: It's more like our world than the usual portrayal -- the same level of technology, republics more common than monarchies, etc.

It's matriarchal to the same extent our world is patriarchal.

Their fantasy shows us as having strange abilities -- some of which we actually do have. In fiction, we're still at a Medieval level of government and technology.

Just as there are a few elves in our world, there are some humans in Elfland.
_____________
Writing: daily exercise -- Done, posted to this journal.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- A bit of rewording.

"They Might Be Windmills" --

"History Line" --

"Port Useless" -- very rough outline added to notes.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?