<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Thursday July 21, 2004. Minneapolis is no longer TGD Hot. I'm still drinking huge amounts of water.

***To downtown Minneapolis via the #23 bus and the Hiawatha Line. Shopped at Office Max and Walgreens.

To the temporary central library. Returned books, took out books. Bought a couple of used books in the bookstore.

#6 bus south to Steeple People thrift store, which turned out to have a 25ยข sale on some clothing. Found out I can fit into at least some shirts a size smaller than I'd been able to use.

Across the street to the Wedge Co-op.

Took the #6 bus home.

***Read: Lawrence Watt-Evans, Dragon Venom. It does a much better job of conveying a complex background and complex characters (not all human) than most fantasy.
And there's a good story, with a satisfying (though slightly ambiguous) ending.
____________________
Writing: Daily exercise -- Done, reprinted here:

What I want to do with writing

I want to accurately convey complex information -- factual, emotional, intellectual.

I want to induce people to think.

***"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- I got the ending a bit closer to the right shape.
=======
"They Might Be Windmills" --

"History Line" --

"Port Useless" --
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?