<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Tuesday July 13, 2004. I went to the first SF writers Meetup in the Twin Cities. Much thanks to Hilary Moon Murphy for getting it off the ground!

Place: the Chicago Deli, which turned out not to be Chicago-ish, but is on Chicago Avenue.

About a dozen people showed up. There was discussion, some of it likely to be useful.

I got a bit more writing done before the Meetup, and a bit more afterwards, than I would have done otherwise. So even if none of the discussion turns out to help me, I'm still ahead.

Meetups.com got into the news when Dean for President Meetups did well all over the US. I suspect most Meetups take off only in a few locations: those in large metropolitan areas, and those where people get behind them and push.
______
USA Today's TV listings included a 1990s-nostalgia show.
___________________
Writing: Daily exercise -- Done.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- Worked on. Mostly "I thought I'd written that in!" items.

"They Might Be Windmills" -- Realized something important about the narrator, and added it in.

"History Line" --

"Port Useless" --
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?