<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Monday August 30, 2004. I solve crossword puzzles by answering one clue, then working outward from there as far as I can manage. If the first answer is across, then I try to do the down answers which share letters with it. Then the across answers which share letters with them, etc. When I can't go any farther, I look for another clue I can answer and start the process again.

I used to use the standard process of doing all the across answers I could first, then down answers, etc. I think I've developed my personal process in the past year.

That's how I write fiction -- except that for me, a story is like a five-dimensional diagramless crossword puzzle.

Today, it occurred to me that this is probably a good way for me to do a number of other things -- from decluttering to mindfulness.
_____________________________________
A step closer to suspended animation!
From EurekAlert http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php:
Public Release: 30-Aug-2004
Patented process preserves transplant tissues/organs
Body tissues such as blood vessels, cartilage and skin -- even whole organs such as kidneys, livers and hearts -- could become more widely available for transplants as a result of a patent issued recently to Organ Recovery Systems of Chicago for a method to chill body tissues and organs well below freezing without forming ice crystals. The new process for tissue "vitrification" was developed with support from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Advanced Technology Program and the National Institutes of Health.
National Institute of Standards and Technology, National Institutes of Health
-----------------------
Public Release: 30-Aug-2004
Journal of Molecular Biology
Humans march to a faster genetic 'drummer' than primates, UC Riverside research says
A team of biochemists from UC Riverside published a paper in the June 11 issue of the Journal of Molecular Biology that gives one explanation for why humans and primates are so closely related genetically, but so clearly different biologically and intellectually.


Writing: daily exercise -- Done; what I want my life to be like five years from now.

"They Might Be Windmills" -- A bit more zero drafted.

Decluttering: Some trash out, including stuff from the refrigerator.

Mindwork:
Bodywork:
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?