<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Saturday August 14, 2004. To Pillsbury House, for the Second Saturday Clutterers Anonymous meeting. I took the #23 bus, which mostly runs on 38th Street.

On the bus, I read poetry rather than a newspaper. While this is mostly easier on my nerves, one of the poems was the sonnet in which Shakespeare says that when you're an ancient man of forty, with your life almost over, if you haven't had a son, you'll bitterly regret having nothing to contribute to the future.

Along the way, other passengers pointed out something I'd never noticed -- a Santa Claus on a front porch. According to the driver, that statue has been there all year.

***At 38th and Chicago was an event publicizing local (easy walking distance) businesses. Among the people running it was Shonda Allen, who used to be Volunteer Coordinator at Pillsbury House.

***I got to Pillsbury House early enough to use the Time Dollar Store. I got a few things with Community Barter Network credits.

***Led the meeting. It went fairly well, I think -- though not because I did a perfect job.

There was a newcomer, so I announced the other two Twin Cities CLA meetings. I also announced the Declutter topic on Meetup. (I've applied to be the Minneapolis organizer for that topic.)

***Went to the shopping center near Minnehaha and Lake. The Rainbow supermarket there now has a set of everything-$1 shelves, probably because the Cub supermarket has such shelves.
So far, they have much less than the Cub has.

Went to Cub. On their $1 shelves was modelling clay -- which is quite useful for exercising my hands.

Took the Hiawatha Line one stop, from Lake to 38th Street. Went to So Low, which specializes in railroad salvage and other cheap groceries.
__________
Writing: daily exercise -- Done, posted in this journal and to rec.arts.sf.written.

"They Might Be Windmills" --
"History Line" --
"Port Useless" --
"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" --
____________
Decluttering: Attended the CLA meeting. Put some books where I've decided they belong.

Mindwork: Some thinking about what I want my life to be like.

Bodywork: Started using the modelling clay to loosen up my hands. Started more consistently using the weights I have under my typing table.

email Dan Goodman
All comments assumed to be for publication, unless I'm told otherwise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?