<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Saturday August 7, 2004. The Mnstf picnic was in Minnehaha Park, which I'd thought of as being difficult to reach by bus. I learned that the #23 bus (which has a stop half a block from where I live) goes right through the park.

A good meeting. Different mix of attendees than usual.

***To Eye of Horus (2717 Lyndale Ave. S, Mpls) for a talk by Laurel Winter on "honoring and manifesting the creative life."

She asked whether the audience would mind if she gave a reading from a work in progress instead.

I said that I would like to hear at least a bit of the lecture, after the reading.

The novel in progress is interesting and good. Since it's in first draft, it won't be in bookstores and libraries for a while.

The condensed talk was what I needed to hear at this time. And part of it was a stretching exercise, easy enough and useful enough that I'm likely to take it up as a habit.

A bit under half the attendees were sf fans.

This was the first time I'd been in Eye of Horus. As mystical supply stores go, I like the atmosphere better than that of Present Moment or Stonehenge -- the two local stores I sometimes go to.
_____________
Writing: daily exercise -- Done

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" -- The narrator now has a sense of humor I hadn't expected. Neither did he. It emerges only around one other character.

"They Might Be Windmills" --
"History Line" --
"Port Useless" --
_____________
Decluttering: A few small things.

Mindwork: Listening to Laurel Winter, and thinking over what she said.

Bodywork:
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?