<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dan Goodman's prediction and politics journal.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Wednesday August 4, 2004. "Enron Corp., which has repeatedly been tagged as the nation's most innovative corporation, is exhibit A as a world-class forgetting organization. It's not wedded to what it did yesterday. Enron chiefs Kenneth Lay and Jeff Skilling have figured out how to operate like a band of pirates." Tom Peters; Fast Company, March 2001,
p. 130.

That was in the $1 bag of books I got yesterday at Temple Israel's sale. That passage alone is more than worth the dollar I spent.

However, I believe most pirates were more scrupulous in their accounting than Enron was.

**This morning, I went to Temple Israel's everything-you-can-fit-in-a-bag $5 sale.

***On the way home, my mind came up with this dialog:

"I bought my soul at a garage sale. I suggest you do the same."

"You don't have a soul."

"I do now. It's an interesting toy."

***After I dropped stuff off at home, I went to Pillsbury House. Did data entry for the Community Barter Network and Pillsbury House's volunteer program. And, since I'd figured out how to get back into entries to revise information, I corrected a bunch of addresses.

***And then I went to Temple Israel, and bought more stuff. Next step: get rid of things I already had, and whatever acquisitions don't work out.
_____________
Writing: daily exercise -- Done. A piece on why explaining what "conservative" and "liberal" mean is complicated. I may post it here after some revision.

"Port Useless" -- Added some notes on why people who've been in suspended animation for some time might be rather obnoxious. Particularly to people who know what the old times were like.

"Well Met, Well Met, My Own True Love" --
"They Might Be Windmills" --
"History Line" --
___________
Decluttering: Got rid of a few "might be useful someday" and "might be nice to have another one around, just in case" items.

Mindwork:
Bodywork:
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?